Sunday, April 5, 2009

Writing as Therapy

Death, or so I am told, is an introspective process. Not just for the dying person, but also, for those remaining behind. Since the passing of my mother in February 2009, I have found it very difficult to write about the outside world. On the other hand, I am making great progress on my fiction, and I have begun keeping a journal in the manner of Anne Frank (that is to say, I write letters to my mother).

Along the way I am learning more about myself and who I may become as a writer. I am not exactly who I thought I was, then, again, the world isn't the same as it was three short months ago. I admit I am interested to see where this journey takes me but at the same time would willingly give it up to have my mother back. Since that isn't an option, I will just have to continue along this path and see where it takes me....

No comments: